Lose the Paper – Tip #4
Our app builder allows you to embed forms into your app. This feature allows you to create a volunteer signup form and ask volunteers to signup on their mobile device.
This is a quick and efficient way to solicit volunteers for the Children’s Ministry, Welcome Team or the next Church Event. Imagine how quick and easy it will be to have a list of willing and able volunteers at your fingertips by the end of a church service!
And the bonus is you don’t have to enter their information into your database because they do the typing for you! No more entering volunteer demographic information into your database! Well at least for those who use mobile devices!
It’s easier than you think!
Here are 5 simple steps to follow:
1. First you need to setup a FREE Type Form account by clicking here. This is a powerful online forms and survey tool that allows you to embed the form on your mobile device. Church employees will need to set up this account so it can be managed in the church office.
2. Next create a Type Form plugin to integrate the Type Forms link.
3. Now name the plugin – “Volunteer Signup”
4. Create a Type Form volunteer sign up form and copy the URL under the share button.
5. Open the plugin and insert the type forms URL and click validate. The plugin is now active. Click the green “preview on phone” button and send a preview to your phone. From here you can view the forms page and see how it works.
This is another example of using Type Forms but you can also use Google Forms – another free tool.
As you can see, this is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.
Now imagine the time your church will save by having members signup to volunteer during a church service directly on their mobile devices! This app feature can help you get volunteers signed up quickly and have all of their demographic information sent directly to the church office from their mobile device.
I hope this was helpful. I will share another Lose the Paper tip soon!