Lose the Paper – Tip #2
Our app builder allows you to enable your mobile giving into your app. This feature allows members to make donations from their mobile device! Think about the beauty of this! Fewer checks/cash to count! Less worries about offering shrinkage. And the donations are automatically credited to the member’s account. No more entering donations into the database! Well at least for those who use mobile devices!
It’s easier than you think!
Here are 5 simple steps to follow:
1. First you need to setup a FREE EasyTithe account by clicking here. This is a powerful online giving tool that allows you to accept donations online as well as text to give capabilities. Church employees will need to set up this account so it can be integrated with the church bookkeeping system.
2. Next create a Webview plugin to integrate the EasyTithe link.
3. Now name the plugin – “Donations”
4. Open the plugin and insert the EasyTithe URL and click validate.
5. The plugin should be activated and members can create an account and login. Once an account has been set up the member is taken there automatically when they open the app.
This is an example using EasyTithe but any online giving portal with a URL can be used.
As you can see, this is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.
Now imagine the time and money your church will save by having members make donations directly on their phone instead of writing a check. This platform will eliminate much of the paper process of counting offerings, controlling cash access and entering donations into the database! At least for members who use mobile devices!
I hope this was helpful. I will share another Lose the Paper tip soon!